I have an active Mysql host/database with databases/data. I tried to convert this to an XtraDB Cluster by doing the following:
- Stop current mysql service.
- Rename /var/lib/mysql to /var/lib/mysql_back
- Install Percona XtraDB Cluster software.
- Rename new /var/lib/mysql to /var/lib/mysql_perc
- Rename /var/lib/mysql_back to /var/lib/mysql
- Start mysql service.
Not sure this is the way to go. Should I create a blank XtraDB database config and import any data from my current system? I can restart mysql but the service hangs in ‘activating’ status.