Issue while installing PXC over mysql installation

Hi,
I tried following the steps mentioned in here but was not successful with below error:
$ sudo apt-get install percona-xtradb-cluster
The following packages have unmet dependencies: percona-xtradb-cluster : Depends: percona-xtradb-cluster-server (>= 1:8.0.19-10-1.focal) but it is not going to be installed                          Depends: percona-xtradb-cluster-client (>= 1:8.0.19-10-1.focal) but it is not going to be installedE: Unable to correct problems, you have held broken packages.

Then, I tried installing using tarball from here but am still getting some issues related to the previous installation of mysql. [Mysql version (8.0.21 MySQL Community Server - GPL) is already installed as this is currently a slave for my main server].
I am trying to convert slave node to one node cluster in PXC. But not able to get past the installation phase.
After downloading tar I extracted and ran the below command:
$ sudo dpkg -i --auto-deconfigure percona-xtradb-cluster-{common,server,client}_*.deb
Gives me:
(Reading database … 94048 files and directories currently installed.)Preparing to unpack percona-xtradb-cluster-common_8.0.19-10-1.focal_amd64.deb …Unpacking percona-xtradb-cluster-common (1:8.0.19-10-1.focal) over (1:8.0.19-10-1.focal) …dpkg: considering deconfiguration of mysql-community-server-core, which would be broken by installation of percona-xtradb-cluster-server …dpkg: yes, will deconfigure mysql-community-server-core (broken by percona-xtradb-cluster-server)dpkg: considering deconfiguration of mysql-community-server, which would be broken by installation of percona-xtradb-cluster-server …dpkg: yes, will deconfigure mysql-community-server (broken by percona-xtradb-cluster-server)dpkg: regarding percona-xtradb-cluster-server_8.0.19-10-1.focal_amd64.deb containing percona-xtradb-cluster-server: mysql-community-client conflicts with mysql-server-8.0  percona-xtradb-cluster-server provides mysql-server-8.0 and is to be installed.
dpkg: error processing archive percona-xtradb-cluster-server_8.0.19-10-1.focal_amd64.deb (–install): conflicting packages - not installing percona-xtradb-cluster-serverdpkg: considering deconfiguration of mysql-community-client, which would be broken by installation of percona-xtradb-cluster-client …dpkg: yes, will deconfigure mysql-community-client (broken by percona-xtradb-cluster-client)dpkg: considering deconfiguration of mysql-community-client-core, which would be broken by installation of percona-xtradb-cluster-client …dpkg: yes, will deconfigure mysql-community-client-core (broken by percona-xtradb-cluster-client)dpkg: regarding percona-xtradb-cluster-client_8.0.19-10-1.focal_amd64.deb containing percona-xtradb-cluster-client: mysql-common conflicts with mysql-client-8.0  percona-xtradb-cluster-client provides mysql-client-8.0 and is to be installed.
dpkg: error processing archive percona-xtradb-cluster-client_8.0.19-10-1.focal_amd64.deb (–install): conflicting packages - not installing percona-xtradb-cluster-clientSetting up percona-xtradb-cluster-common (1:8.0.19-10-1.focal) …Errors were encountered while processing: percona-xtradb-cluster-server_8.0.19-10-1.focal_amd64.deb percona-xtradb-cluster-client_8.0.19-10-1.focal_amd64.deb

Can anyone please help with this step or else point me to some documentation which can help in this case?

You need to remove all standard mysql packages first, and then install PXC. PXC will not “upgrade” your packages.
Please also note that you are running MySQL 8.0.21 and you are attempting to install PXC 8.0.19. PXC will not be able to start using your existing data directory because of the data dictionary version differences. (ex: 8.0.19 cannot read a data dictionary created by 8.0.21). You will need to re-init if you want to switch to PXC as we have not released PXC 8.0.21