Pmm, pmm server , pmm client

Hello! I have configured 3 node galera cluster using mariadb 10.5.15 version and i have installed pmm-clients on all of them , now my pmm-server and pmm-client are also connected, so i want to monitor my galera nodes , but when I try to add the service, i am facing a syntax error. And also i am unsure whether i should be using mysql 8 or 5.7 for creating the database.
this is what i am following : MySQL - Percona Monitoring and Management

Thanks

1 Like

Hi @Sanjana_Chandrasheka

You may get the list of system privileges that your MariaDB server version supports by command

SHOW PRIVILEGES;
1 Like

I dont seem to understand how to create a database using mariadb , please help me with that!

1 Like

The privilege BACKUP_ADMIN does not exist on MariaDB. You simply need to remove that from your GRANT statement.

1 Like

Okay thanks @matthewb

1 Like

I am getting this error

1 Like

Have you performed FLUSH PRIVILEGES; command?

1 Like

yes , i have done it @Vadim_Yalovets

1 Like

Could you add an additional database pmm user for your pmm-client ip?

e.g.
❯ docker inspect -f ‘{{range.NetworkSettings.Networks}}{{.IPAddress}}{{end}}’ pmm-client

CREATE USER ‘pmm’@‘172.17.0.22’ IDENTIFIED BY ‘pass’

1 Like

Did’nt work , maybe the issue is mariadb is installed on my VM and pmm client on a docker , so it is not syncing there.

1 Like

Yes, that’s probably not going to work. If MariaDB is inside docker, and pmm-client is in docker, that will work. PMM Client should be as close to the DB as possible.

1 Like