OpenShift support for Postgres Operator version 2

Hi,

I noticed that the Postgres Operator version 2 is not supported on the OpenShift platform. Could you kindly provide information regarding any future plans to support version 2 on OpenShift? Additionally, I would appreciate it if you could provide a roadmap or an overview of the upcoming features and developments.

KR,
Michaël Timmerman

Hello @MichaTimmerman ,

openshift support is coming in the next version. As for ETA, it should be Q3/Q4.
We have a public roadmap where you can upvote some projects: Percona Kubernetes Operators Roadmap · GitHub
Also our JIRA is public :wink:

We deliberately don’t communicate the ETAs for all the features as it is subject to change. Openshift, though, is a high priority for us.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

2 Likes

Hello!

I’m still not seeing the 2.x operator in the Red Hat Certified Operator Catalog. Also, I don’t see any Percona operators in the 4.13 or 4.14 Certified Operator Catalog.

Will any Percona operators be added to the 4.13 or 4.14 catalogs anytime soon?

How about an update on the 2.x operator on OpenShift? I see on the roadmap it is in “Actively Working” status…

Thanks!

Hey, we are working on certification. Now you can already install the operator on openshift, but certification takes a bit of time. I expect to have it completed by the end of next week.

See the doc for openshift here: Install on OpenShift - Percona Operator for PostgreSQL

Thanks @Sergey_Pronin, I appreciate the update. Due to policy and supportability, we only install operators from the Red Hat catalogs via OLM, and we leverage oc-mirror to mirror the operators to our on-prem registries. So looking forward to certification being completed! :slight_smile:

Hi, @tcrockett did you test it? Is everything ok?

Hi @Slava_Sarzhan,

We have the operator mirrored but have not yet had the opportunity to test anything. Is the expectation that any existing 1.x operators will upgrade to the 2.x operator via standard OLM process?

Hello @tcrockett,

v2 is completely different from v1. There is no direct upgrade path. We have documented various ways for upgrading from v1 to v2 here: Upgrade PostgreSQL and the Operator - Percona Operator for PostgreSQL