Good morning, I read documents in website. It looks I can install rpm package or source code package. But, I don’t see the information about mysql server. I have installed mysql with BINARY version. The mysql folder is /usr/local/mysql.
I tried to install percona cluster by rpm. And I found the mysql was “updated” too. My package is “Percona-XtraDB-Cluster-5.6.26-25.12-r624ef81-el5-x86_64-bundle.tar”. My system is Redhat Release 5.5.
So, my question is:
- Can I install percona cluster with existing mysql server? And the mysql is a BINARY version.
- If yes, should I exclude some packages in the tar file not to install mysql server again?
- If #2 doesn’t work, should I install source code? If anybody has a document or URL to show how to complie and install source code with existin mysql? In the percona website, it says to run the BUILD/compile-pentium-wsrap. However, I only find BUILD/compile-pentium and BUILD/compile-pentium64 in the source code package. So, I guess I should type BUILD/compile-pentium64 for x86_64 system.
- If #3 is okay, how much package should I download? I see “percona-xtradb-cluster-5.6_5.6.26-25.12.orig.tar.gz”, “percona-xtradb-cluster-galera-3.x_3.12.2-1.jessie.tar.gz”, “percona-xtradb-cluster-galera-3.x_3.12.2-1.vivid.tar.gz” and etc.
- If I miss something, please advise. thanks.