Xtradb cluster reset

I have a scenario of 5 servers with xtradb cluster, one for writing, three for reading and one for backup but now I need to change the IP of the servers but I am afraid that the connectivity between the clusters will be lost and the databases will be corrupted, some suggestion in some way to do this if anyone has done it and has a guide please help or clarify thank you

Hello @ahung,
If you want to be safe, shut down the entire cluster (systemctl stop mysql), one node at a time. After the whole cluster is down, change the IPs. Be sure to edit my.cnf in case you’ve put static IPs in there.
After IPs are changed, bootstrap the last node you stopped. Then start the other nodes.

If you want to do this all online, then stop node5, change its IP, start node5. Unless there are any firewall rules in place, node5 with new IP will connect to the cluster just fine. Then repeat for node4, etc one at a time.

I have stopped all the nodes and when starting up they do not wake up, I am raising the first node with
systemctl start mysql@bootstrap.service
and when I make a status it returns this error

× mysql@bootstrap.service - Percona XtraDB Cluster with config /etc/default/mysql.bootstrap
Loaded: loaded (/lib/systemd/system/mysql@.service; disabled; vendor preset: enabled)
Active: failed (Result: exit-code) since Wed 2024-01-24 15:45:37 CET; 2min 53s ago
Process: 7401 ExecStartPre=/usr/bin/mysql-systemd start-pre (code=exited, status=0/SUCCESS)
Process: 7438 ExecStartPre=/bin/sh -c systemctl unset-environment _WSREP_START_POSITION (code=exited, status=0/SUCCESS)
Process: 7440 ExecStartPre=/bin/sh -c VAR=bash /usr/bin/mysql-systemd galera-recovery; [$? -eq 0 ] && systemctl set-environment _WSREP_START_POSITION=$VAR || exit 1 (code=exited, status=0/SUCCESS)
Process: 7488 ExecStart=/usr/sbin/mysqld $EXTRA_ARGS $_WSREP_START_POSITION (code=exited, status=1/FAILURE)
Process: 7490 ExecStopPost=/usr/bin/mysql-systemd stop-post (code=exited, status=0/SUCCESS)
Main PID: 7488 (code=exited, status=1/FAILURE)
CPU: 647ms

Jan 24 15:45:36 jtl-tcpgrup-pr01 systemd[1]: Starting Percona XtraDB Cluster with config /etc/default/mysql.bootstrap…
Jan 24 15:45:37 jtl-tcpgrup-pr01 systemd[1]: mysql@bootstrap.service: Main process exited, code=exited, status=1/FAILURE
Jan 24 15:45:37 jtl-tcpgrup-pr01 mysql-systemd[7490]: WARNING: mysql pid file /var/run/mysqld/mysqld.pid empty or not readable
Jan 24 15:45:37 jtl-tcpgrup-pr01 mysql-systemd[7490]: WARNING: mysql may be already dead
Jan 24 15:45:37 jtl-tcpgrup-pr01 systemd[1]: mysql@bootstrap.service: Failed with result ‘exit-code’.
Jan 24 15:45:37 jtl-tcpgrup-pr01 systemd[1]: Failed to start Percona XtraDB Cluster with config /etc/default/mysql.bootstrap.

@ahung please look at mysql’s error log for more information.