xtrabackup endless loop of scanned up to log

Hi Everyone, We are having some issues with xtrabackup at the moment.

We have a 226Gb database that need to be backed up and used to create a slave server.

We have to do this regularly for several clients,etc… so it is crucial we get this figured out.

What we are experiencing is the following:

• Xtrabackup is started and it immediately starts copying the relevant files to the backup location, and within about an hour or maybe a bit more, it has copied over 218Gb of the data.

• The backup then goes into a hellishly long cycle of “Scanned up to log xxxxxxxxxxx” and that has been running now for 24 hours and the disk space on the destination has only increased by 2Gb since then.

• We are experiencing the same type of issue on our other 1.4TB db’s as well where it runs very well untill the last about 6gb then it just goes into the cycle of “scanned logs up to xxxxxxxx”.

With the previous 200Gb database we left it running for over a week and it was still doing the same thing.

We have been trying to google to no end and have not found any reason or solution to this and have had to resolve back to the msqldump routes as we were not able to complete a backup and restore via xtrabackup as yet and the main reason for wanting to use xtra backup is because of the sizes of our databases.

I would really appreciate it if someone can assist me in telling me what we are doing wrong.

Current system is as follows:

• ubuntu 12.04 server lts 64bit
  • mysql 5.1
  • command being run: innobackupex --ibbackup=xtrabackup

Regards

Hi all, just another note.

I have found a few posts that suggested removing the xtrabackup_suspended file, which I did and the backup process ended. however the destination mysql database folder (mysql/mysql directory) only contained a file called ibbackup_binlog_marker.ibd and nothing else.

Any ideas would be appreciated as I am at a loss.

Regards

Which xtrabackup version are you using?
Is it possible you are hitting these related bugs - [URL]https://bugs.launchpad.net/percona-xtrabackup/+bug/1007428[/URL] and [URL]https://bugs.launchpad.net/percona-xtrabackup/+bug/1007446[/URL].

Hi, we are using the following: percona-xtrabackup_2.0.3-470.lucid_amd64.deb

Hi

Could anyone please answer this problem as i am having the same issue… In my case log scanned sequence is not increasing as well.

log scanned up to (9916707996)

Please suggest.