Version of mySQL

I would like to know the version of Oracle MySQL and Percona are same? Features are also?
Who basically decides the version. Oracle or Percona?

Does Percona follows the Oracle Version , please let me know

1 Like

Hello @sanjeev_pat,
Percona MySQL is an enhanced version of Oracle MySQL (known as a rebase; Percona is not a fork). We take the MySQL released from Oracle and add new features, and improve existing ones. We don’t remove anything. Anything that exists in Oracle MySQL also exists in Percona MySQL. Percona MySQL’s versions match those from Oracle.

2 Likes

Hello @syevale111,
I have deleted your original post as it contains many incorrect statements, and appears to have been AI generated. I don’t want people getting confused by false statements.

Percona Server for MySQL is not a fork. It is a rebase. Each version of Percona Server is rebased against the Oracle MySQL source code. If Percona Server was a fork, we would not do this rebase to upstream source code. Compare that to how MariaDB operates: They do not rebase; their own code has diverged from MySQL. MariaDB is a fork.

Percona Server, in fact, incorporates all features from Oracle MySQL, once again, because it is a rebase. We do not remove features from upstream; we only add our features and enhance the existing ones.