Security issues in 5.7.35

Hello Percona,

When can we expect the Percona build of MySQL 5.7.36? There are some critical vulnerabilities noted for 5.7.35.

https://dev.mysql.com/doc/relnotes/mysql/5.7/en/news-5-7-36.html

Thank you.

1 Like

Hello @ScottGrantham,
Our engineering teams are hard at work merging all of the bug fixes and security changes into the next Percona Server version. It will be released when they are finished :slight_smile: We don’t adhere to any specific release schedule but do strive to release as soon as possible.

1 Like

Thanks @matthewb. It is too bad Percona doesn’t commit to making the security updates in a timely manner. Oh well. We are migrating to Aurora anyway.

1 Like

Hey @ScottGrantham,
I was corrected in that Percona customers do in fact have SLAs (30 days in most cases) for security fixes. So there is indeed a commitment.

I want to also mention, because I’ve seen it happen to many companies, be sure you fully understand Aurora before moving. Too many have moved and discover the hard way of the true cost of Auroa. The cost quickly becomes more than a simple support contract with us which comes with SLAs. You can easily get better performance out of MySQL with 2 EC2 instances and a support contract with us.

1 Like

Hi Matthew, do you know how close Percona is to a release of 5.7.36?

– Juan

1 Like

I do not. I’m not part of the release team. Just keep an eye on our forums and main blog as all announcements are made there.

1 Like