When will Percona Server 8.0.29 get released?

Hi Team, When will Percona Server 8.0.29 get released?
Also please let me know the open issues noticed in 8.0.29 version.

1 Like

Hello @SujithGopalakrishnan,
We don’t have dedicated timelines for our releases. Our dev teams are hard at work merging all the changes from upstream MySQL into Percona Server. As you may have noticed, Oracle has been making major, breaking, changes to MySQL within patch versions and that takes time to understand their reasoning and their code. We want Percona Server to be the best MySQL there is, so that takes time.

3 Likes

Thanks @matthewb for the update.

Actually we have to patch below vulnerability with immediate affect which are reported by Oracle in our production servers which running on PS MySQL 8.0.28.

Vulnerability Details:
Title : Oracle MySQL April 2022 Critical Patch Update (CPUAPR2022)
Affected Versions: MySQL Server, versions 8.0.28 and prior.

As a solution, recommended to upgrade the MySQL version to 8.0.29. Is there any other solutions for fixing this security patch until releasing the 8.0.29 version?

1 Like

I can put you in contact with one of our delivery managers and they may be able to provide an early release under a special support contract, but I make no promises on that. Other than that option, there isn’t anything else that can be done until we make an 8.0.29 release.

1 Like

Thanks @matthewb. Looking forward for the support from your end.

1 Like

@SujithGopalakrishnan Please private message me here with your contact info and I’ll have someone contact you from out contracts team.

1 Like