PMM 2.26,Integrated Alerting,webhook,no alert message

After enabling the Integrated Alerting feature, no alert messages are received.
How can I find out the reason?

Hi @peng19832

Did you add any filters in the Alert rules section?

2 Likes

Other things to check:
did you add the configured webhook notification channel to the alert? (it’s not required and means it will only display on the alerts tab)
you can download diagnostic data (gear icon → Settings → Download Server Diagnostics
and in the zip file are all the logs…look at vmalert.log, alertmanager.log, and pmm-managed.log to see if there are any errors about calling the webhook (maybe a connection refused or invalid credentials). Have seen more than one instance where a corporate firewall/proxy rule blocked PMM server from connecting to the outside world.

2 Likes

No, no other filters

1 Like

Hello, steve
I upload the log file.
Firewall is turned off.
vmalert.log:
vmalert.log (140.7 KB)
alertmanager.log:
alertmanager.log (27.8 KB)
pmm-managed.log:
pmm-managed.log (200.4 KB)

1 Like

In addition, the alerts I configured on the panel are normal.

1 Like

Hi, like Steve mentioned, to receive messages you need to configure a destination in Settings → Communication. Check out this post for more details: MongoDB Integrated Alerting in Percona Monitoring and Management - Percona Database Performance Blog

1 Like

Hi,igroene,thks for reply.
Why do I need a Communication when I define Notification Channels? Communication cannot be applied to Ali Dingding.

1 Like

I am sorry I misunderstood what you are trying to do here, please ignore my previous reply. The most likely cause is that communication from PMM to the web hook is not working properly. Anything in the logs about connection timeout/refuse?

1 Like

It s OK.
The log file mentioned by Steve, which I have uploaded in the reply above.
I don’t see any useful exceptions in the logs, or maybe I don’t know enough about the PMM logs, causing me to ignore useful information?
Can you help me analyze it, thanks?

1 Like