These are my requirements:
- Ability to point in time restore to any time within the last 28 days.
- Ability to restore to any day between +28 days and 5 years.
- Backup storage must be in S3.
- Size of S3 bucket must not grow out of control due to keeping too many binlogs.
This is my setup:
- Operator configured with a daily cron schedule.
- Backup keep days set to 0 (infinite).
- S3 lifecycle rule deletes full backups after 5 years.
- S3 lifecycle rule deletes binlogs after 28 days.
I am not confident that deleting the binlogs outside of the databases control is a safe process. Can anyone give me any guidance on what could go wrong here?