Is it possible to NDB cluster to MariaDB / MySQL Replication?

Hello Team,

Is it possible to NDB cluster to MariaDB / MySQL Replication ?

1 Like

MySQL Cluster, also known as NDB, is a unique method of clustering MySQL. It uses dedicated data nodes that do not run MySQL. I’m not quite sure of your question. Are you wanting to replicate from an NDB cluster to standard MySQL?

1 Like

Yes Matthewb…

I was doing NDB cluster setup in my EC2 Machines …i got some blogs , but no luck for me .i was struck with initial steps only… Blogs was good …But they didn’t mention anywhere issues and how to reslove …
Do you have nice blog where i can setup NDB cluster with 5 or 4 nodes … once this setup is done … i may good with play around replication / migration …etc …

Can you guide me here ?

1 Like

Hi @vasu1 I would honestly recommend not messing around with NDB unless you have specific need. NDB is EXTREMELY specialized and not your typical MySQL configuration. That’s why you won’t find much documentation/support out there because 99.999% of MySQL users don’t use it. If you need “cluster” for high-availability, I would recommend you instead focus on Percona XtraDB Cluster or MySQL Group Replication, both using ProxySQL.

1 Like

Replicating NDB to MySQL is exactly the same as any other MySQL-based replication. Set up your replica, run change master to one of your API nodes. Same setup.

1 Like

Yes , i understand …Thanks for the inputs.

1 Like

ok.Thanks .Sure will try

1 Like