How to set the evaluationInterval for vmalert

Previously, I can set the evaluationInterval for vmalert via /srv/prometheus/prometheus.base.yml but currently I cannot set the option anymore due to the error which described in this topic: The pmm-managed.log is continuously printing error logs regarding evaluation_interval option

So, how can I set the evaluationInterval for vmalert?

1 Like

What version of PMM? 2.31.0 and newer uses the new grafana alerting engine so it’s done a different way (I don’t think it can be set in a Percona template but once the rule is created from a template you edit the rule and set the scan Inter an and evaluation duration I.e. every X seconds for Y seconds where X will be your interval for that alert)

1 Like

Yes. I’m using the PMM 2.31.0 version. You mean that PMM no more support the evaluationInterval for vmalert?

1 Like

Correct. The feature was still in tech preview so changes happen often as we iterate on functionality. In this case grafana released a feature that was a better way of delivering the overall value so we went with that. As far as I know grafana is still using alertmanager under the hood but I haven’t dug in deep enough to know how to manipulate it.

1 Like