Failed to Install Plugin - PMM

Hi here,

As per the Percona Blog, I have followed the steps to install the clock panel in PMM, but the panel does not exit in the visualization. Can you please help to install the plugin?

PMM version – Current version: 2.34.0
Grafana CLI version 9.2.5
Clock-Panel Version 2.1.2 (latest)

docker exec -t pmm-server bash -c "grafana-cli plugins ls | grep clock"
grafana-clock-panel @ 2.1.2

Screenshot 2023-02-21 at 7.31.32 PM

Hi @Asuwini_P thank you for posting to the Percona forums!

Can you share with us the commands you executed in order to install the clock panel? i.e. did you add it using grafana-cli or did you unpack the compressed file?

Did you then restart the PMM Server container?

I’ll try to reproduce on my side if you can share with me your steps. Thanks!

1 Like

Hi @Michael_Coburn ,

Thank you for your replying

Here are the logs. Kindly check it.

root@test-server:/home/ubuntu# docker exec -it pmm-server grafana-cli plugins install grafana-clock-panel
✔ Downloaded and extracted grafana-clock-panel v2.1.2 zip successfully to /var/lib/grafana/plugins/grafana-clock-panel

Please restart Grafana after installing plugins. Refer to Grafana documentation for instructions if necessary.

root@test-server:/home/ubuntu# docker exec -t pmm-server bash -c "grafana-cli plugins ls | grep clock"
grafana-clock-panel @ 2.1.2
root@test-sever:/home/ubuntu# docker exec -t pmm-server supervisorctl restart grafana
grafana: stopped
grafana: started
root@test-server:/home/ubuntu# docker exec -it pmm-server bash
[root@8b02b04324b9 opt]# cd /var/lib/grafana/plugins/
[root@8b02b04324b9 plugins]# ls
grafana-clock-panel
[root@8b02b04324b9 plugins]# cd grafana-clock-panel/
[root@8b02b04324b9 grafana-clock-panel]# ls
CHANGELOG.md  img  LICENSE  MANIFEST.txt  module.js  module.js.LICENSE.txt  module.js.map  plugin.json  README.md

Tried to restart the pmm-server container, but still I can’t find the clock-panel visualization

root@test-server:/home/ubuntu# docker restart pmm-server
pmm-server

Hi Asuwini,

Please specify GF_PLUGIN_DIR variable
-e GF_PLUGIN_DIR=/srv/grafana/plugins/

1 Like

After specifying the plugin variable and restarting the pmm-server, I was able to view the clock panel.

Thank You, @Vadim_Yalovets & @Michael_Coburn for your help

1 Like