Docker create --volume /srv - but /srv is already in use - alternatives?

Hi. Reading Docker - Percona Monitoring and Management it’s a bit unclear why /srv is so critical for non-data-loss upgrades?

If my /srv is already occupied with other tasks - specifically, it has a few systemd-nspawn container sub-directories, what are my options here?

Basically inside /srv you have all the metrics data among other things. You can map a different path if you want. Check out this article for instructions: Using Different Mount Points on Percona Monitoring and Management 2 Docker Deployments - Percona Database Performance Blog

2 Likes

Tyvm, didn’t think to search the blog for some reason!

1 Like

@Ivan_Groenewold can you still clarify for me: does this /srv path influence docker host directory, or does it simply live a inside a docker container?

I just executed sudo docker create --volume /opt/pmm-data --name pmm-data percona/pmm-server:2 /bin/true and don’t see anything new created in host /opt directory.

docker create | Docker Documentation seems to also indicate -v <path> lives inside container, but could you confirm this for me?

1 Like

Hello, the /srv is just inside the container… as stated in the blog post that I linked you can check the “real” directory outside the container and remap it.

1 Like

Thanks, I will fork GitHub - percona/pmm-doc: Percona Monitoring and Management (PMM) Technical Documentation and provide a PR with ideas on how to make the official instruction more clear about this.

2 Likes

Thank you for your contribution!

1 Like

Hi, it would be cool if you could contribute to the documentation.
Perhaps a special section on our website can help you

1 Like

That’d be awesome. Thank you in advance, @lkraav - let us know when you’ve submitted it (or if you need assistance with submitting the PR).