Alerts working but getting some errors - bad response code 400 and Template variables


I have setup a simple test alert, via email. It is working and we get the email when the alert fires - all good. When I TEST the alert it throws a “bad response code 400” error - see uploaded image.

Also get the following error in grafana.log :-

Googling the errors seems to point to a Grafana bug that has been fixed in version 4.1.1.…6ec4ebd2bf668b

Any thoughts on this very welcome and if these errors are caused by a grafana bug, I assume they will be resolved by the next PMM release with an updated grafana version?


VERSIONS: 1.0.7 PMM server and clients

grafana definitely will be updated in the next release.
But it can take some time.

if you want to be alpha tester,
you can use “” container with grafana 4.1.1

docker run -d \
-p 80:80 \
--volumes-from pmm-data \
--name pmm-server \
--restart always \

or build you own from the sources -…6e7fc7b52412ce

Thanks Mykola.

I upgraded the pmm-server to that “…delgod/pmm-server:1.0.7.grafana41” you kindly provided and re-created the alert.

That cleared the red box error when creating the alert “Template variables are not supported in alert queries”.

When I TEST RULE within the alert create, still getting the error “error tsdb.HandleRequest() error bad_response: bad response code 400”. I’ll dig into that since may be a problem our end.