Upgrade-path from mysql-community-57 to Percona, rpm dependency error

Should it not be possible to directly switch from MySQL-Community release to Percona?

See attached

Ultimately the problem is that Percona-Server-shared-57-5.7.17-13.1.el6.x86_64 does not correctly replace mysql-community-libs-5.7.17-1.el6.x86_64

file /usr/lib64/mysql/libmysqlclient.so.20.3.4 from install of Percona-Server-shared-57-5.7.17-13.1.el6.x86_64 conflicts with file from package mysql-community-libs-5.7.17-1.el6.x86_64

If I remove mysql-community-libs-5.7.17-1.el6.x86_64 with --nodeps then Percona installs correctly (with Percona-Server-shared-compat)

yum.txt (19.2 KB)

Hi tomsommer , thanks for bringing this to our attention. We believe it is a legitimate bug, I’ve filed a JIRA to have it fixed in a later release. For now your workaround is the correct approach to mitigate the upgrade to Percona Server 5.7.17-13. All the best,

[url]Log in - Percona JIRA

Hi tomsommer,

The MySQL Community 5.7 packages need to be removed prior to installation of the Percona Server 5.7 packages. This is required since the packages cannot both be installed simultaneously. This is mentioned here:

https://www.percona.com/doc/percona-…-distributions

“Note that this procedure is the same for upgrading from MySQL 5.6 or 5.7 to Percona Server 5.7 …”

However, I believe this could be more prominent. I am discussing this with our documentation team to make this more clear.

–Dave

DBennett I completely missed that, a section about how to switch from MySQL Community Server would be very relevant, IMO.The section is currently about upgrading, which when you are installing does not seem relevant.