Upgrade 1.4.0 to 1.6.0

I’m looking for an advice on how to migrate older operator to latest

1. I guess there is no way to do it automatically, correct me if I’m wrong?

2. Would you map same storage volumes and submit new yaml files for Kubernetes where images are bumped to 1.6.0? Or easier/possible option is to start from scratch?

3. If starting from scratch in a new storage, would you worry about backup error that I’m getting here?

> root@mattermost-backup-0:~# mysqldump -h mattermost-cluster-proxysql -u root -p$pw --single-transaction --routines --triggers app | head -n 5
> mysqldump: [Warning] Using a password on the command line interface can be insecure.
> mysqldump: Error: 'Expression #6 of SELECT list is not in GROUP BY clause and contains nonaggregated column 'FILES.EXTRA' which is not functionally dependent on columns in GROUP BY clause; this is incompatible with sql_mode=only_full_group_by' when trying to dump tablespaces
> -- MySQL dump 10.13  Distrib 5.7.32, for Linux (x86_64)
> --
> -- Host: mattermost-cluster-proxysql    Database: app
> -- ------------------------------------------------------
> -- Server version    8.0.18
> mysqldump: Got errno 32 on write
> root@mattermost-backup-0:~#

P.S. I’m able to see latest records in SQL backup file and size is about right. As you see, I don’t use public cloud, for instance S3.

Thanks

1 Like

Hi @Laimis,

do you see any issues with upgrade path described in the documentation?

2 Likes

Thanks. This is what I was looking for to update “pxc” and “deployment” for operator. I’ll give it a go from 1.4.0 incrementally to 1.7.0 once released.

1 Like