trying PMM Server at VMWare : fails to open the downloaded OVA file

Hi CassieGriffin, Mars

We just today received our Not For Resale license keys from VMware! Thanks,

Hello Michael Coburn

On 05-09-2018 you wrote :
“Percona strives to support all platforms that claim acceptance of the OVF format, however the VMware platform provides a set of challenges since the Enterprise platform is not free ($$) and we don’t use VMware internally, so we don’t have an Enterprise environment on which we can test before we release. This is why we can assure you the product works on VMware Workstation Player. I am looking into building a relationship with VMware but this is proving more challenging than I expected, so in the short term I do not yet have any guidance for you, other than I have heard reports that users of VMware Enterprise are able to still use PMM Server when they import the image at the node level, and not through vSpere / vCenter.”

Does you recent message means that something changed in VMWare support, and now the OVA can be used not only at VM PLayer platform ?

Thanks,
Avi

Hi avi vainshtein
Nothing has changed yet for OVA support. We are attempting to improve our coverage of VMware Enterprise by running our builds through vCenter by our QA team. We will certainly mention in our Release Notes when our VMware support situation changes. Thanks,