Restoring one or more tables from Google storage

Hi,
I’m looking for a way to restore a single (or more) table(s) from a backup in GCP.
I’m trying this command :

sudo xbcloud get --storage=google --google-endpoint=storage.googleapis.com --google-access-key= --google-secret-key= --google-bucket= --parallel=10 2022-06-01_15-23-43 ibdata1 DB1/TABLE1 DB2/TABLE2 | xbstream -xv -C /mysql_data/import

The result is :

220601 16:09:44 xbcloud: Successfully connected.
220601 16:09:46 xbcloud: Download completed.

But nothing is downloaded.

BR
Johan

1 Like

I would test this by changing your xbcloud to download first, then use xbstream.

From our documentation:

xbcloud get ... full_backup ibdata1 sakila/payment.ibd > /storage/partial/partial.xbs

xbstream -xv -C /storage/partial < /storage/partial/partial.xbs

Ensure that the xbcloud did indeed download data first. If that doesn’t work, try downloading the entire backup. If that doesn’t work, then there was a problem with your upload that you’ll need to investigate.

1 Like

Hi Matthew,

Just running this command :
sudo xbcloud get --storage=google --google-endpoint=storage.googleapis.com --google-access-key= --google-secret-key= --google-bucket= --parallel=10 2022-06-01_15-23-43 ibdata1 DB1/TABLE1 DB2/TABLE2
gives the same result as above but no files are downloaded.

Adding > /mysql_data/import/restore.xbs to the command gives an empty file

Downloading the entire backup works without any issue

1 Like

What about getting just a single file? ibdata for instance. Also, please add --verbose to see if there’s anything else going on.

1 Like

Same result with just ibdata1. The result is an empty file.
Log from verbose run adde
perc.log (27.8 KB)

1 Like

Just to clarify, this works fine?

xbcloud get --storage=google 
 --google-endpoint=http://storage.googleapis.com
 --google-access-key=xxx --google-secret-key=xxx
 --google-bucket=yyy --parallel=10 2022-06-01_15-23-43

That downloads the entire backup?

1 Like

Yes, downloading the entire backups works as it should

1 Like

Hi Matthew,

Any news ?

1 Like

Hello @matthewb ,

Any news ?

1 Like

Unfortunately, I have nothing else at this time on the issue and I have not seen any others reporting this problem. If you find you have a repeatable test case, you can open a bug report on our website.

Is there any possibility of testing against an AWS S3 endpoint? If it works from AWS, we can narrow this down to being a GCS-specific issue.

1 Like

Hi,

Well, it’s repeatable in the way that it gets the same result every time. It says ‘Download completed’ but no files are actually downloaded.
I’m not sure i can test with AWS since we don’t really use it but i’ll file a bug report in your Jira

1 Like