Question about pbm status and arbiter nodes

Hello everyone,
I’ve got a question about output of command pbm status. When I run my MongoDB cluster in primary-secondary-arbiter (PSA) architecture the pbm status reports that data0/db-data0-arbiter-0.db-data0-arbiter.default.svc.cluster.local:27017: pbm-agent NOT FOUND FAILED.
Is it intentional ? I’m asking because I would like to automate some operations and use pbm status as part of my automation process. It would be good for me to eliminate arbiters from output or have information that given node is arbiter type.

1 Like

Hi @PerconaRocks,

Currently, PBM does not distinguish between data-bearing and arbiter nodes. Therefore it marks that some nodes do not have running PBM for them.

If you are interested, please track the development status of the related ticket [PBM-949] Working with arbiter, hidden, delayed and non-voting nodes - Percona JIRA

1 Like

Thank you for response!

1 Like

Hello everyone!
The output of the command pbm status has a question for me. A pbm status report says that data0/db-data0-arbiter-0.db-data0-arbiter.default.svc.cluster.local:27017: pbm-agent NOT FOUND FAILED when I run my MongoDB cluster in primary-secondary-arbiter (PSA) architecture.
What is the purpose of this? Using PBM status as part of my automation process would help me automate some operations. It would be good for me to eliminate arbiters from output or have information that given node is arbiter type.

1 Like