Qan mysql perfschema agent status is waiting

Just new in setting up percona.

Followed all the instructions in the Quick install guide.
Able to setup the server and client but when checking on invetory > services, the Qan mysql perfschema agent is still on waiting status.

Running pmm-admin list in the client gives me mysql_perfschema_agent waiting as well.

Not sure what I am missing here

Hi, could you run pmm-admin summary and check logs for this agent if there are any error?
Could you also check if the user set for pmm has read access to performance_schema.events_statements_history and performance_schema.events_statements_summary_by_digest?

Thank you

Hi @nurlan

I did pmm-admin summary and dont see any error in the logs

How do I exactly do this part?

Could you also check if the user set for pmm has read access to performance_schema.events_statements_history and performance_schema.events_statements_summary_by_digest

Hi @Ronl
For the QAN source of Performance Schema you need to ensure the following are true:

• Performance Schema is enabled: show global variables like 'performance_schema'
  • PMM user has privileges to read (SELECT) from Performance Schema: show grants for 'YourPmmUser'
  • There are records appearing in the events_statements tables: SELECT COUNT(1) FROM performance_schema_events_statements_history

If you could share the above results with us we can then advise you further. Thank you for posting to the Percona forums!

1 Like