PXC 8.0.27 - installation error -Skipping aarch64 architecture, as it's not supported

Hi there
below is the error reported during installation of xtradb cluster 8.0.27…

[test@uat-db1 ~]$ sudo yum install https://repo.percona.com/yum/percona-release-latest.noarch.rpm
Loaded plugins: fastestmirror
percona-release-latest.noarch.rpm                                                                                 |  20 kB  00:00:00
Examining /var/tmp/yum-root-pd3f7U/percona-release-latest.noarch.rpm: percona-release-1.0-27.noarch
/var/tmp/yum-root-pd3f7U/percona-release-latest.noarch.rpm: does not update installed package.
Error: Nothing to do
[test@uat-db1 ~]$ sudo percona-release enable-only pxc-80 release
* Disabling all Percona Repositories
* Enabling the Percona XtraDB Cluster 8.0 repository
WARNING: Skipping aarch64 architecture, as it's not supported
<*> All done!
[test@uat-db1 ~]$
1 Like

PXC is not supported on ARM processors at this time. We know it is in high demand and our teams are taking that in to consideration for future releases.

2 Likes

I have been successful in compiling and installing both PXC and Percona Server for the ARM processor. My builds were done on a Raspberry Pi running Raspbian Bullseye, which is based off of Debian Bullseye. You can check out my blog post here: Raspberry Pi Bullseye Percona Server 64bit | Percona Community

You could adapt my blog post to work on an RPM based OS. I have taken it one step further and I have created .deb packages for both PXC and Percona Server.

I have been compiling and using Percona Server on a ARM CPU since Percona Server 5.7.32.

1 Like

you said that you have PXC deb packages avail where can these be found ? I have Free oracle instances with 24gig RAM that I was planning on using to help keep my local cluster alive

1 Like