ProxySQL2 user error

Hi,

I’ve done all steps exacly as described in this documentation: Load balancing with ProxySQL - Percona XtraDB Cluster

Created the user sbuser on proxysql as well as at the MySQL host.
Logging in into the all three mysql hosts directly with sbuser and eg. show databases works well and shows all databases on the MySQL hosts.

But, logging in into proxysql and show databases; gives an error: Access denied for user ‘sbuser’@‘192.168.1.25’ (using password: YES)

Output from SELECT * FROM mysql_servers; shows that all three nodes are in status ONLINE

Did i do anything wrong or what causes this kind of issue?

3 Likes

Check the mysql_users tables. Make sure you user ID is setup correctly in that table. Once you are happy with the mysql_users table, run this command. load mysql users to runtime. Do a quick select * from runtime_mysql_users. You will see your ID in there 2 times. Don’t worry that’s normal. 1 ID is for the front end, other is for back end. Now test your connection to proxysql again.

2 Likes

Hi,
after that runtime_mysql_users contains users as you mentioned two times.
Sadly, still the same issue Access denied for user… when trying to do someting like showing tables, … with Proxysql.
Same issue also when trying this with mysql’s root user.

2 Likes

Verify that the user sbuser is using mysql_native_password as it plugin. Example:

plugin: mysql_native_password
authentication_string: *RANDOMSTRINGOFTEXT

You can get this by select * from mysql.user where user=‘sbuser’\G

2 Likes

Perfect, that did it.

2 Likes

Awesome. So happy I could assist.

2 Likes