While I do like the new Home Dashboard, we found the prior version to be convenient for our infrastructure team to quickly identify potential issues as they could see all nodes and key server metrics in one simple view.
Is it be possible to add the old Dashboard back in (keeping the current intact) and if so, could you point me in the right direction for doing so?
We’re continuously improving PMM dashboards by adding new panels or removing some of the dashboards to replace them with a better version. But we also know that it is not easy to break the routines and there is no “one” solution that works for everyone and makes all happy. So, we have stored archived (removed) dashboards or previous versions of mainly changed dashboards. If you’d like to keep using the old dashboards or previous versions of them, please follow the instructions given below.
- Open grafana-dashboards repo
- Choose the branch (PMM version) that you have archived the dashboard (e.g. if you need the previous Home dashboard version, you can select 2.31 from the tag list)
- Open the directory in which you had the dashboard in previous versions. e.g. open “Insight” directory to see the previous version of the Home dashboard which was available in V2.31
- Open Home_Dashboard.json, choose “Raw” and copy JSON to the clipboard
- Open your PMM instance, click “Import” under Dashboards in the main menu
- Paste JSON to the panel as shown below and click the “Load” button.
- Give a name to your dashboard (if there is an existing dashboard with the same name, please give a different name and also change the UID of the dashboard. Save the dashboard to a folder. We recommend you to save it “General” or your customer folder.
You are my hero, thank you for the quick response and great walkthrough.