PMM2 collecting and adding memcached metrics, and nginx metrics and logs

Hi All,

We are using PMM2 on Amazon to monitor a Percona Cluster.
We have as well web servers holding ProxySQL that I could register and follow on the PMM dashboard.
Now, After spending quite a lot of time reading the documentation, forum and a few web pages, I am still very confuse about the capacity of having some dedicated dashboard (pages?) for other metrics/logs like memcached and/or nginx.
A few pages talks about PMM1 way vs. PMM2
Plugins which seem to be EOL
Grafana vs PMM dashboard…
“External services” vs official exporter (that I found and compile successfully, but No idea how to set that up with the agent)

So, my question are:

• Are Memcached metrics able to be added? If so how? If possible describe a complete procedure, from data collector to dashboard graph
  • Are Nginx logs able to be parse by PMM2? or data need to be extracted as metrics to be collected by the agent?
  • How is relevant the grafana dashboard NGinx ingress or so related to PMM2?

All in all, where do I find detailed documentation on how to add metrics to a non included services (agent) ?

Regards,
David

Hi David,

Please take a look at the next document. It describes a possibility of using third-party exporters with PMM2.

1 Like

Are Memcached metrics able to be added? If so how? If possible describe a complete procedure, from data collector to dashboard graph

Yes, use the link provided by @Vadim_Yalovets and use prometheus/memcached_exporter

Are Nginx logs able to be parse by PMM2? or data need to be extracted as metrics to be collected by the agent?

Logs collection is not yet supported in PMM2 but looks like you can use [ knyar/nginx-lua-prometheus: Prometheus metric library for Nginx written in Lua to get some metrics into PMM2

How is relevant the grafana dashboard NGinx ingress or so related to PMM2?

Not sure I’ve got the question right, but if you are asking “Can we use Grafana dashboards in PMM2” - yes, you can but some changes in parameters and formulas might be required because of PMM2 labels notation

1 Like