Performance_schema.pxc_cluster_view missing

Hi and a happy new year everyone,

I am super confused. We are running several Percona XtraDB clusters (8.0.33).
On one of our clusters performance_schema.pxc_cluster_view is missing completely. Same version, same operating system… It is simply not there. All other tables in performance_schema are there and working properly. Only the one is missing.

Does anyone know how this can happen and is there a way to restore it?

Looking forward to help, thank you very much! :slightly_smiling_face:

@sbstnpl You should be able to ‘SHOW CREATE TABLE’ on one of the other nodes and copy/paste. Make sure to modify it so that it does CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS so that it doesn’t break the other nodes. Or put this node into OSU mode. Anything of note in the error logs on this node? Was this node created via SST? Sounds like mysql_upgrade didn’t run on this node to create the table.

1 Like

@matthewb, thanks for your reply which actually helped me to solve it.
The Table is missing on my whole cluster, not only one node. That Cluster was newly bootstrapped from an Xtrabackup made of an community-MySQL-Server. That’s probably the cause.

I tried the create table command you recommended, but it didn’t let me create it:

ERROR 1044 (42000): Access denied for user ‘root’@‘localhost’ to database ‘performance_schema’

mysql_upgrade is obsolete, but running this once actually helped me to create the table:

sudo -u mysql mysqld --upgrade=force --wsrep-provider=none

this has to run on every single node OR simply SST the other nodes again.
Thanks, case closed :slight_smile:

Ah yes, a critical detail. :slight_smile: PXC is technically an “upgrade” from both Community and plain Percona MySQL, so running “mysql upgrade” is required.

1 Like