Percona Backup for MongoDB can can not startup in systemd but manually

Percona Backup for MongoDB can can not startup in systemd but manually
no error log

1 Like

Hello, most likely you have a permissions issue. Check that the user pbm is a member of mongod group.

1 Like

Thank you.
pbm is not in mongod
Should I add pbm in mongd as a manual step?
In addation, cat /var/log/pbm-agent.log is always empay, even failed to start pbm

1 Like

Hello, yes you can add the pbm user to the group that has access to mongod files:

usermod -a -G mongod pbm

The log is going to be empty because in newer version the output is written to systemd journal.
You can check the logs with

journalctl -e -u pbm-agent.service -f

Hope that helps

1 Like

Sorry, seem like it still doesn’t work

1 Like

Hello, try stopping pbm first and confirm there are no leftover processes with ps. Also check that you don’t have any pbm files with the wrong permissions. Since you tried started it manually it is possible that messed up the perms of files. After you checked all that try starting via systemd again.
Also can you share the config of pbm here?

1 Like

1 Like

The reaon might be caused by enabling tsl.
After I change Authorization to SCRAM and keyfile for membership Authentication.

By the way, I have correctly configure the tls Authentication for client and memebership in replicaset, and can succesfuuly access replicaset using tls mongdb conneciton string. It means the conneciton string is correct, but many times it occur faild connection on my server when I confgire pbm using yaml onfig file.
I I have to set golang parameter export GODEBUG=x509ignoreCN=0, then it is sucessful.

But then nomatter how, can not start pbm by systemd, only manually is sucessful.

1 Like

Understood. May I ask you to open a bug report for this then at jira.percona.com? the dev team will take a look

1 Like

All right, thank you

1 Like