MySQL Workbench crashes on 8.0.29 when running full database search

Used to be able to search all tables in the database using MySQL Workbench on 5.7 version, but now it crashes with the following error in the logs:

17:10:58 [ERR][ GRTDispatcher]: exception in grt execute_task, continuing: Exception: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ‘rows LIKE ‘%test%’ , rows, ‘’) AS rows FROM WHERE create’ at line 1
17:10:58 [ERR][ GRTDispatcher]: worker: task ‘Search’ has failed with error:.You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ‘rows LIKE ‘%test%’ , rows, ‘’) AS rows FROM

WHERE create’ at line 1

Anyone else having this issue?

1 Like

You said this used to work on MySQL 5.7, but now doesn’t. I’m guessing you upgraded to MySQL 8? Did you also upgrade to the latest Workbench? If you did, then you probably need to file a bug with MySQL regarding broken workbench software.

1 Like

Hi Matt, thank you for your reply. I did upgrade to MySQL 8, you are right. I tried the latest versions of the Workbench and several previous versions (same issue). Was hoping to find out that it wasn’t a bug in workbench that went unfixed in several versions.

Thanks again

1 Like

Submitted here: MySQL Bugs: #107983: MySQL Workbench crashes on 8.0.29 when running full database search

1 Like

You said this used to work on MySQL 5.7, but now doesn’t. I’m guessing you upgraded to MySQL 8? Did you also upgrade to the latest Workbench? If you did, then you probably need to file a bug with MySQL regarding broken workbench software.

1 Like

As you mentioned, this used to work on MySQL 5.7, but it no longer works on that version. I am assuming that you have upgraded to MySQL 8 at this point? Did you also upgrade to the latest version of the Workbench at the same time? It is likely that you will need to file a bug with MySQL regarding the broken workbench software if you did that.