LDAP tab not showing up

Hi,

I’m running PMM dockerized version 2.21.0. I’m trying to enable LDAP and have made the necessary changes in the grafana.ini file. However, it looks like PMM is simply ignoring whatever I change in this file, including setting LDAP to enabled. Has anyone experienced this issue before? It feels like Grafana is getting the config from another file.

Thanks!

I’m doing this today in my 2.21.0 instance (LDAP to Active Directory) with no issues…can you provide more info?

There are 3 lines that need to be uncommented/edited in /etc/grafana/grafana.ini:

[auth.ldap]
enabled = true
config_file = /srv/grafana/ldap.toml
allow_sign_up = true

Note that I point to my persistent pmm-data container (/srv/grafana/ldap.toml) so that my changes survive upgrades and container replacement. That also means that if you upgrade the container (or redeploy from the image) you will lose your grafana.ini changes so I have started passing those values as environment variables to my container creation
docker run... -e GF_AUTH_LDAP_ENABLED=true -e GF_AUTH_LDAP_CONFIG_FILE=/srv/grafana/ldap.toml -e GF_AUTH_LDAP_ALLOW_SIGN_UP=true ...
and I have less reconfiguring to do after upgrades. Both methods work but one keeps me from mucking around too much inside the container. If you do go the “change the file directly” route don’t forget you need to restart grafana with supervisorctl restart grafana to pickup the changes.

1 Like

I just realized that the ; in front of each line is a comment. :man_facepalming:

1 Like