Installing for ARM64 - Missing Telemetry Agent

Hi all,
I’ve read the announcement about Percona Server for MySQL packages for ARM64 @ Percona Server for MySQL and Percona XtraBackup Now Available for ARM64 and trying to follow the instructions but hitting a wall with the telemetry dependency.

Failed dependencies:

•    percona-telemetry-agent is needed by percona-server-server-8.0.37-29.1.el9.aarch64*

There isn’t a package for the telemetry agent listed on the downloads page @ Software Downloads - Percona so I also tried the article linked on the announcement @ Downloaded RPM packages - Percona Server for MySQL for downloading the entire release bundle but then hit the same dependency issue:

Error:

• Problem: conflicting requests*
    • nothing provides percona-telemetry-agent needed by percona-server-server-8.0.37-29.1.el9.aarch64 from @commandline*

All I can find about the agent is the Github repo @ GitHub - percona/telemetry-agent but can’t seem to find if this is the correct agent.

Could anyone please shed some light on what I’ve missed?

Hi @Tobias_Wilson
Thanks for pointing this issue out.

We have fixed it for downloads area, so now the “percona-telemetry-agent” is present in the list of files for all OS. Fixing the issue for bundles would require some time.

1 Like

Also please note that it is also possible to download packages from packaging repository Percona Repo

Thanks for you reply and apologies for my delay in replying.

I can confirm that I was able to complete the installation now and is much simpler than compiling from source. Thank you very much.

2 Likes