innodb log full

The errors below imply that my innodb log file has reached capacity, and so I need to either grow it to a new size, or to set it as auto-extending.

What are the implications of ignoring this error?

I dont intend to ignore it, but basically its been happening for a few days now, and I only just noticed.

Thanks

Security Events
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
mysqld[29780]: 051110 8:56:22 InnoDB: ERROR: the age of the last checkpoint is 9449913,

System Events
=-=-=-=-=-=-=
mysqld[29780]: InnoDB: which exceeds the log group capacity 9433498.
mysqld[29780]: InnoDB: If you are using big BLOB or TEXT rows, you must set the
mysqld[29780]: InnoDB: combined size of log files at least 10 times bigger than the
mysqld[29780]: InnoDB: largest such row.

Here is a thread on mysql forums about this warnings:
[URL=“MySQL :: InnoDB: ERROR: the age of the last checkpoint”] MySQL :: InnoDB: ERROR: the age of the last checkpoint
Hope it helps.

Hi, thanks for the reply.

It didnt help a great deal though :smiley:

I know I can fix the problem by just blindly increasing my log size. But before I do that, Id like to understand what effect the warning is having.

Is there any potential for data loss if I take no action?
I imagine it would affect the ability of innodb to reapply transactions in the event of a crash, but I take a full database backup every night, and restoring from that wouldnt cause too many problems. I rarely use explicit transactions anyway

Thanks

Hi,

I think if your log file is to small, MySQL will not be able to process the query causing the error message.
Its not a matter of “Transaction Replay”,… its a matter of processing the query in the first place…
If the Data can not be written into the Log, the Query can not be committed, so the Data will never be “there”.