Innobackupex - MySQL server has gone away when SET SESSION lock_wait_timeout=31536000

Hi,

I have mysql server 5.5 with > 300GB data.
I tried create a slave from this master server.

When i run innobackupex, it died at SET SESSION lock_wait_timeout=31536000

This is error:

DBD::mysql::db do failed: MySQL server has gone away at /usr/bin/innobackupex line 3045.
innobackupex: got a fatal error with the following stacktrace: at /usr/bin/innobackupex line 3048
main::mysql_query('HASH(0x19b4fed0)', 'SET SESSION lock_wait_timeout=31536000') called at /usr/bin/innobackupex line 3456
main::mysql_lock_tables('HASH(0x19b4fed0)') called at /usr/bin/innobackupex line 1991
main::backup() called at /usr/bin/innobackupex line 1601
innobackupex: Error:
Error executing 'SET SESSION lock_wait_timeout=31536000': DBD::mysql::db do failed: MySQL server has gone away at /usr/bin/innobackupex line 3045.
150322 21:25:24 innobackupex: Waiting for ibbackup (pid=30331) to finish

I tried repeat 2 times but same errors.

I read tutorial at [url]Percona XtraBackup
and set options same this tut but not success.

Sorry, my english is very poor :smiley:

Thanks!

Not sure if this is connected with max_allowed_packet, but, is this a teste environment? Can you SET max_allowed_packet a little bit higher than the current value and test again?

1 Like

What version of xtrabackup you are using ?
$ xtrabackup --version

Also, can you please show me exact command you used to take backup along with my.cnf contents.

1 Like

Hi,

Thanks for your support,

@wagnerbianchi: I set max_allowed_packet to 1GB, wait_timeout and interactive_timeout=28800 ( default ), lock_wait_timeout= 1 year (default) but same error.

@mirfan: i’m using lastest version of xtrabackup

Update: I reinstall xtrabackup with version 2.0.8 and this issue solved.

Thanks!

1 Like

Hi @wagnerbianchi
Exactly what change did you do while reinstalling? I am facing the same issue with Percona-Xtrabackup 8.0.22 and my instance size is 4TB.