Error unlocking tables at end of backup.

On a slave server, I’m having a problem with this persistent error condition following a backup. The backup has finished with the InnoDB tables, has locked and flushed the MyISAM tables successfully, and has even completed backing up the MyISAM tables. Following this, the statement to unlock tables is sent and an error is produced. I’m hoping someone may have some advice how to get around this problem.

Here is the output at the point of the error:

111209 08:12:44 innobackupex: Finished backing up .frm, .MRG, .MYD, .MYI, .TRG, .TRN, .ARM, .ARZ, .CSV, .CSM and .opt filesinnobackupex: Resuming ibbackupxtrabackup: The latest check point (for incremental): ‘148:282374854’>> log scanned up to (148 282374854)xtrabackup: Transaction log of lsn (148 131244836) to (148 282374854) was copied.innobackupex: Error: mysql child process has died: ERROR 2006 (HY000) at line 13: MySQL server has gone away while waiting for reply to MySQL request: ‘UNLOCK TABLES;’ at /usr/bin/innobackupex line 336.

The server is still running fine, except that innobackupex exits and leaves the Slave SQL thread down. So, I’ve had to go in and restart it manually. The time between locking the tables and unlocking them is approximately 12 minutes. Could this be a timeout issue of some kind?

Thanks,
Dave

Looks like it is a timeout issue. An upcoming release has some timeout fixes that might resolve this.

Thanks, Baron. I’ll be on the lookout for an update.