Incremental streaming backups and restore

Hi,

I’m new to Percona and have just been getting my head around the features it has. My ultimate goal is to be able to stream incremental backups to a remote server and to restore/rebuild the database on the remote host.

So far I’ve got to the point of streaming the increments according to this guide (at the very end):
[url]https://www.percona.com/doc/percona-xtrabackup/2.1/innobackupex/incremental_backups_innobackupex.html[/url]
#innobackupex --incremental --incremental-lsn=LSN-number --stream=xbstream ./ | ssh user@hostname " cat - | xbstream -x -C > /backup-dir/" My questions are:

1. How can I send the incremental backups without the need to refer to the LSN-number?
  2. How can I rebuild the increments or rather prepare the backups on the remote host ?

Suggestions are most welcome!

Hi kev;

The “incremental-basedir” allows you to do the incremental without specifying the LSN. You give it the backup you want to build the incremental off of, and it figures out where to start from that.

The guide you linked shows you how to prepare the incremental and base backups, however below is another guide if you want to give it a try to see if it makes more sense to you:

[url]Percona XtraBackup

-Scott