- I am facing a question about how to restore backups from pbm, as no steps listed in the Doc, but only some cautions there.
Here i already have some tries, and list steps below. If there’s anything wrong, please point them out.
Already have pbm backups which taken on sharded cluster, and they are all valid.
- Set up a new cluster, and start up ppm-agent for each mongod instance. And config the local backup path into the new cluster. -- Maybe here there is a mistaken op.
- Because I cannot list the backups using the new cluster URI, so I restore the backup file of config server into the new env manually. Here are the commands I used:
mongorestore --host 127.0.0.1 --port 10011 --archive=2020-12-17T05:50:43Z_configRepl.dump.gz --gzip
mongorestore --host 127.0.0.1 --port 10011 --oplogReplay --oplogFile=2020-12-17T05:50:43Z_configRepl.oplog.gz --gzip
- After the restoration, the collection of 'pbmBackups' restores, but the backup status is under 'running'. I tried to find the oplog content in the backup, and from the new env, by checking the oplog.rs, there are no ops which update the status of backup.
- In order to recover , i update the doc in pbmBackups, using file '2020-12-17T05:50:43Z.pbm.json'. And the recovery finish with no errors.
Here are all steps i tries. Maybe there are some mistakes, Please let me know. Thanks in advance.