"error": "create system users: failed to get mongo client

I have a standalone mongodb that I want to migrate to Percona using Replication method as here:Migrating MongoDB to Kubernetes - Percona Database Performance Blog

The very last step is where I’m having an issue. I have done the Primary Cutover and deleted the standalone replicaset once the repilcation is done. Now I need to manage the cluster by Percona operator. So I updated the cr.yaml file and set unmanaged: false

However, Operator keeps showing this error:

ERROR controller_psmdb failed to reconcile cluster {"Request.Namespace": "percona-dbs", "Request.Name": "psmdb-db", "replset": "rs0", "error": "create system users: failed to get mongo client: ping mongo: connection() error occured during connection handshake: auth error: sasl conversation error: unable to authenticate using mechanism \"SCRAM-SHA-1\": (AuthenticationFailed) Authentication failed.", "errorVerbose": "connection() error occured during connection handshake: auth error: sasl conversation error: unable to authenticate using mechanism \"SCRAM-SHA-1\": (AuthenticationFailed) Authentication failed.

It seems it can not connect to mongo client due to authentication issue. See here. What could be the reason?

Thanks

1 Like

Issue is fixed.

It turns out there’s a syntax issue with user admin

1 Like

Hello @reab ,

could you please help me understand what exactly happened? Is it a syntax issue on our end?

2 Likes