Different image tags available from different registry namespaces

Hello,

I am wondering about that:

docker pull perconalab/percona-server-mongodb-operator:1.15.0
1.15.0: Pulling from perconalab/percona-server-mongodb-operator
e95f54437d9b: Downloading [=======>                                           ]  8.618MB/56.24MB
# ----------- snip -----------

but

# docker pull percona/percona-server-mongodb-operator:1.15.0
Error response from daemon: manifest for percona/percona-server-mongodb-operator:1.15.0 not found: manifest unknown: manifest unknown

but

# docker pull percona/percona-server-mongodb-operator:1.14.0
1.14.0: Pulling from percona/percona-server-mongodb-operator
ba958a445f00: Downloading [===>                                               ]  2.739MB/37.85MB
# --------- snip ---------

I’ve just recognized that, when I switched from operator-bundle to the operator helm chart.

However, the problem only occurs with deploying the cr.yaml with

spec
  crVersion: 1.15.0

Failed to pull image “percona/percona-server-mongodb-operator:1.15.0”: rpc error: code = NotFound desc = failed to pull and unpack image “docker.io/percona/percona-server-mongodb-operator:1.15.0”: failed to resolve reference “docker.io/percona/percona-server-mongodb-operator:1.15.0”: docker.io/percona/percona-server-mongodb-operator:1.15.0: not found

It is a mistake. There should no be 1.15 at all as it is not released yet.
@Tomislav_Plavcic would appreciate if you can check.

Hi @rdxmbr !
Yes, we might have 1.15.0 in “perconalab” dockerhub repo (which is a testing repo), but 1.15.0 is not released yet so not sure why you put that version in your cr.yaml?
It simply should not be used by end users.
Technically whenever we have a lets say 1.14.0 release in “percona” repo, we immediatelly push 1.15.0 to “perconalab” repo because it’s needed for some of our tests.

Kinds regards,
Tomislav

Hi @Tomislav_Plavcic

sorry, I missed your post.

As I already wrote, it happened

when I switched from operator-bundle to the operator helm chart.

I expect the helm chart with default values running with the stable release. From the docs Install with Helm - Percona Operator for MongoDB it seems that defining the release version is optional.

Kind regards!