We have 2 way replication enabled on 2 hosts where mysql version is 5.5.23 and replication is absolutely working fine. However, as a precautionary measure we have tried to replicate the Database onto two other hosts using native replication method (mixed).
121G Master DB
121G Slave I (master master enabled DB)
Master host files:
-rw-r–r-- 1 mysql mysql 37G Jan 8 11:09 abc.ibd
-rw-r–r-- 1 mysql mysql 50G Jan 8 11:09 xyz.ibd
-rw-rw---- 1 mysql mysql 37G Jan 8 11:14 abc.ibd
-rw-rw---- 1 mysql mysql 50G Jan 8 11:14 xyz.ibd
-rw-rw---- 1 mysql mysql 37G Jan 8 11:18 abc.ibd
NO xyz.ibd file
-rw-rw---- 1 mysql mysql 12G Jan 8 11:21 abc.ibd
-rw-rw---- 1 mysql mysql 26G Jan 8 11:21 xyz.ibd
Observed that in one of the slave hosts ibd file related to one table whose size is around 50GB is not showing up, but when we check the record count/records in the table they are showing up fine.
Similarly on the second slave the ibd file size is not matching with that of master, but strange thing is count of both the huge tables are matching with that of master.
Need to understand what went wrong on the slave hosts due to which the files are not showing up and also the inconsistency in the file size.