This topic is devoted to Percona Operator for MySQL. Ask your questions here and discuss them with the community and Percona experts!
The Percona Operator for MySQL automates the creation, alteration, or deletion of members in your Percona XtraDB Cluster environment. Kubernetes Operators enable you to easily balance resources against demand and provide an avenue for consistent and reliable deployment of new services.
Also, it provides you with a wide range of features:
- Deploy easily - create a Percona XtraDB Cluster environment with no single point of failure and the ability to span multiple activity or availability zones.
- Scale Your Percona XtraDB Cluster – change the size parameter to add or remove members of the Percona XtraDB Cluster.
- Automate Your Backups – configure Percona XtraDB Cluster backups to run on a scheduled basis and support simple restores.
- Provide Point-in-Time Recovery – enables users to roll back the cluster to a specific transaction, time, or even skip a specific transaction.
- Automate node recovery - use the self-healing capability to automatically recover from a failure of a single Percona XtraDB Cluster node.
- Smart Update – intelligently restart your environment during a restart or upgrade to minimize the number of failover events
- Automated Password Rotation – Use the standard Kubernetes API to enforce password rotation policies for system user
- Support private data registries - access information from a private registry to enhance security.