We have a task to migrate a database to a new hardware where there is a active database on it already.
- We have xtrabackup taking daily backups.
- We have option to start/stop DB on the new hardware to complete the restoration.
I had followed the following process to test the migration ( Apparently it did not succeed )
- Copy the .qp file to new hardware, uncompressed it .
- Stop the mysql on the new server
- Copy the data file of the database to be migrated to the datadir of the new server.
- Start the mysql.
After this process I can see the database / tables but when try to access the tables I get an error
mysql> desc ;
ERROR 1146 (42S02): Table '" doesn’t exist
I am looking at mysqldump option but that is taking way long time which is not good as downtime cannot be that long.
Any ideas on how I can use the existing xtrabackup file to restore it on existing DB ???
Any suggestions would be appreciated.