While try to login to the PMM interface we facing invalid user and password issue

Could somebody help us with this issue? According to the PMM documentation we have configured this pmm. This PMM Version: 2.42.0 we are using for MySQL server 8.0.34 version

Hi @Raja_Chandra_Sekaran

Please take a look at this blog post

1 Like

Hello @Vadim_Yalovets
Also, we tried to change the password for the admin user successfully. During the PMM configuration, we didn’t get any errors. But still, we were facing the same issue as we mentioned in the screenshot above.

Was is indicated that password was successfully changed?

e.g.

1 Like

@Vadim_Yalovets
yes, the password has been successfully changed. each and every step has been executed without error while we try to open the PMM login page its show like invalid user and password.

Hi Mr. @Vadim_Yalovets

Good Morning!!!

Any good update on this?

we are tried all the possiblities from our end but finally we are getting same issue like invalid username and password

Please give a proper solution we already took more days regarding this issue.

Hi @VASANTHAKUMAR_M,
Could you check grafana logs?
e.g.

docker exec -it pmm-server bash -c "less /srv/logs/grafana.log | grep error"

1 Like

Hi @Vadim_Yalovets
Sure we will check this, Thanks for the update.

Hi @Vadim_Yalovets

Good Morning

While we checked the error log we faced this error as we mentioned below
kindly give some solutions regarding this error which we have shared here

Hi,

from what I see in the logs - in particular, 3306: connect: connection refused error - it seems like PMM Server is trying to connect to a MySQL database, which we don’t support for PMM Server persistence.

1 Like

Hi @ademidoff

Thanks for the reply the version that you are pointing to here is MySQL or PMM?

Currently, we are using:

MySQL version - 8.0.34
PMM server version - 2.42.0
OS VERSION -“24.04 LTS (Noble Numbat)”

Do we need to configure any other specific version of PMM kindly let us know.

Note: We also tried to install the older version of PMM 2.38.0 still facing the same issues.

For every time we tried to resolve this issue at last we came up with the error invalid user and password.

Hi Team,

Good morining !!!

If there are any findings from your end. Please share here.

Hi team
I am also trying to successfully change password for admin user using these commands
docker exec -it pmm-server bash
** grafana-cli --homepath /usr/share/grafana admin reset-admin-password admin123**
** supervisorctl restart grafana**

But when trying to login PMM console it shows as invalid username or password.
Can you give me a solution.

Someone explain here. when I try to login to pmm I get an error like Invalid username and password.

we checked all the points which we got from your end

Note : pmm installation - no errors are encountered