Which Data at Rest Encryption Algorithm is used

Hi All,
Currently evaluation the Data at Rest encryption in a testenv. It runs quiet good and is easy to configure. However I cannot find any information what Algorithm (I assume AES) is used to encrypt the data and if AES is used, which length is used?

So a detailed dokumentation or information which encryption functions are used, may in dependency which plugin is used, would be really good to have.

Hope someone here could answer my question here :slight_smile:

Have a nice day,
Regards,
Thomas

1 Like

Percona Server, being a fork of Oracle MySQL Community, inherits all base functionality from MySQL, therefore, you should refer to MySQL documentation for any features that Percona Server inherits fully or partially from Oracle MySQL Community. TDE is one of those features that is at least partially inherited. See MySQL :: MySQL 8.0 Reference Manual :: A.17 MySQL 8.0 FAQ: InnoDB Data-at-Rest Encryption for some of your answers.

Thank you for your feedback on the encryption functionality!

George O. Lorch III
Director of Server Engineering, Percona Server for MySQL, Percona XtraDB Cluster, and Percona XtraBackup

2 Likes

Amazing, thank you for the fast reply! This helps a lot :slight_smile:

Wish you a nice weekend!

1 Like

Just for reference, copied from the link mentioned above:

What are the encryption algorithms used with InnoDB data-at-rest encryption?

InnoDB data-at-rest encryption supports the Advanced Encryption Standard (AES256) block-based encryption algorithm. It uses Electronic Codebook (ECB) block encryption mode for tablespace key encryption and Cipher Block Chaining (CBC) block encryption mode for data encryption.

1 Like