I am new to this forum.
Can any one help me in the following scenarios:
- I have a master to slave setup of mysql running on windows
- Replication breaks every now and then.
- Every time we are configuring it with taking backup of master [with locking], then transferring to slave, restore and reset slave which will infer downtime and doing it during late night hours.
- Please let me know is there any way re-configure the replication in case of a failure without restarting and locking the master server database [i mean without any downtime]
- Any help is highly appreciated.
- MySQL version is 5.5 community and not enterprise one.
- Can this XtraBackup tool suits my requirement?