Problem deploying pmm helm chart + aws alb

Hi guys,

I’m trying to deploy pmm server helm chart in a EKS cluster and make it available using alb ingress controller.

The ALB gets deployed and the UI works properly. But when I want to connect an agent outside kubernetes it throws: Failed to establish two-way communication channel: unexpected HTTP status code received from server: 464 (); malformed header: missing HTTP content-type. component=client

I applied this solution that I found in another post:

• Create a new target-group using "Protocol": "HTTPS", "ProtocolVersion": "GRPC", "Port": 443,
  • Register your ec2 instance (nodes) in the newly created target-group with "Port": 443
  • Create a new rule in your existing ALB listener. Configure it so that is send traffic to your newly created target group, only if matching the following Content-Type headers:
    • application/grpc+proto
    • application/grpc

And the error changes to: Failed to establish two-way communication channel: unexpected HTTP status code received from server: 502 (Bad Gateway). component=client

Do you know how can I sort this problem?

As a workaround I deployed a nlb directly on monitoring service and both UI and agent works until I configure a TLS listener so I can use it with a custom r53 record. With TLS listener the agent throws a timeout error.

Do you know how can I solve this problem?

Versions:

EKS: 1.23
ALB Controller: 2.4.4
PMM Helm Chart: 1.2.0
PMM Agent Version: 2.35.0