We have a separate system for recording and reporting on bugs, for PMM and for other Percona Software. The forum is oriented towards discussion and advice rather than to bug reporting and fixing.First of all, please take a look at these links, as they may help you track down any configuration issues or give you some extra help on getting started:
- There are troubleshooting guidelines in our PMM documentation that cover many of the common issues encountered by new users: percona-monitoring-and-management/faq.html#how-to-troubleshoot-communication-issues-between-pmm-client-and-pmm-server IMPORTANT NOTE: This also covers how to get logs from both server and client if you are going to report a bug using our JIRA system, it is important that you obtain the logs and post them with your report.
- There is a troubleshooting blog post: percona.com/blog/2018/01…t-pmm-metrics/
- And a PMM FAQ page that might have the solution that you need: percona.com/doc/percona-…ement/faq.html
Still need help? No problemIf you still need advice or help with resolving your issue, don’t hesitate to open up a conversation here in this forum. Please provide as much information as you can so that other community members or the Percona team can have the best chance to get you the answer that you need.If after trying these approaches you believe that the problem you are encountering with PMM is a bug, it would help us a great deal if you could record your findings at https://jira.percona.com/projects/PMM/issues/ You will also be able to research if the bug is already known to us, and create a logon if needed.
Tips for reporting an issue or requesting a feature:
- Please always search for the issue or feature first.
- If you don’t understand an error message, do continue to ask for help on this forum or contact Percona Support if you are a Percona customer
- Test on the most recent release of the product. The issue may have already been addressed.
- Only request one feature or report one bug when creating an issue.
- Keep it brief but be sure to include important details.
- Please especially be sure to add the logs from client and server to your report, information on where to find these can be found at https://www.percona.com/doc/percona-monitoring-and-management/faq.html#how-to-troubleshoot-communication-issues-between-pmm-client-and-pmm-server
- Remember the basics, what you did, what you wanted or expected to happen, and what actually happened.