i need some advices to understand which kind of deployment i should implement.
This is my scenario:
- ~50M records on the “main table”
- three full-text index used by some “match() against()” with some columns from “main table” and some columns from other smaller tables
- 99% of reading operations (which use full-text index) are made by a dns server.
- 99% of writing operations are made by a sql-procedure
Right now i have 4 PXC mysql nodes - and 4 standalone dns servers as well - with synchronous replication and multi-source replication. Each server can do writes and reads.
With this configuration each dns server reach ~15k “dns read-query” per second (that is much more than my goal). Each dns server uses its own mysql server.
I would like to re-create from scratch this kind of environment but i want to make some changes:
- 2 proxysql with keep alive and VIP on top as a connection and distribution layer.
- some nodes (maybe 3/4/5 VMs) for the RDBMS layer
- split read and write on different nodes.
Reading the documentation Deployment variants - Percona Distribution for MySQL i cannot understand if i have to use “Percona Server for MySQL” or “Percona XtraDB Cluster”.
If i choose to use “Percona XtraDB Cluster” there are a lots of configuration differences between Percona XtraDB Cluster and "Percona Distribution for " method.
Which of them should i use?
Please give me some advices about that.
Thank you so much