Percona Repo Mirroring

Hallo there,

we are mirroring the repositories at the following locations on a daily base via apt-mirror:

Since quite a while we have the issue, that the mirrored repositories do not contain the exact content as the origin. For examples are packages not synced or the Packages files do not match to the synced md5sum. We have a big amount of other repositories synced which do not have theses issues on the same server. We tried synced the named repos via rsync and rsync://rsync. instead of https://… which took a while but they were working.

Now my assumption is that you have configured a new rate limiting to your https servers where the repos are hosted. Is this true? Can you tell us about the rate limiting values? Maybe we can adjust our sync to those limits.

1 Like

Hi,

same problem here.
We’re using apt-mirror to mirror stretch/buster repos on a weekly base.
Since around two weeks we’re getting an “429 - Too many requests” error with every mirror run and our local repo is broken afterwards.
Changing the limit rates/threads didn’t solve this.

2 Likes

Hello,

the reason - besides obvious selfish reasons like operational safety - that we mirror your repos is that we don’t want to DDoS your repo by requesting percona packages from your repo every time we install any of your packages - which we as a MSP do very often.

Because I could not find any statement on your site or blog regarding a potential rate limit, I tested downloading packages locally and at the 7th request within one minute I hit a rate limit.
In our case we use apt-mirror and the 7 request limit is hit instant because that is below the count of the packages for Percona Server 5.6 / 5.7 .8.0 for Ubuntu Xenial / Bionc / Foccal. That would be 9 + the other packages we mirror once a day from your repo. So we hit this limit instantly.

Is there any option / plan to work around this issue, or disable that limit again?

Best regards

1 Like

Seems to be fine now - i’m now able to update our mirror without errors.
Was this an intended behaviour or a mistake?

Best regards

1 Like

hi @theoneyouknow
We have changed firewall rules so now the issue is fixed

1 Like

Hey Evgeniy,

thanks for doing and letting us know. I will re-enable our sync soon and give you information about if it is working.

1 Like

Hey Evgeniy,

our sync is back in working state. Thanks!

Regards
Mike