Out of memory error and duplicate entry error (in error log)

(root)>cat mysql-err.log
070911 14:29:12 InnoDB: Started; log sequence number 88 3327321420
/usr/sbin/mysqld: Out of memory (Needed 950109184 bytes)
/usr/sbin/mysqld: Out of memory (Needed 712581120 bytes)
/usr/sbin/mysqld: Out of memory (Needed 534435840 bytes)
/usr/sbin/mysqld: Out of memory (Needed 400825344 bytes)
/usr/sbin/mysqld: Out of memory (Needed 300616704 bytes)
/usr/sbin/mysqld: Out of memory (Needed 225460224 bytes)
ERROR: 1062 Duplicate entry ‘1’ for key 1
070911 14:29:12 [Note] /usr/sbin/mysqld: ready for connections.
Version: ‘5.0.45-community-log’ socket: ‘/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock’ port: 3306 MySQL Community Edition (GPL)

mysql isn’t telling me where the duplicate entry is. how do i find it?

also, how can i see what is triggering the out of memory errors? i have no idea if they’re queries, my.cnf settings, or what. is there a log specifically for catching queries that failed? I’ll have to recheck the manual, but i don’t remember seeing one.

1 Like

fixed the out of memory error. had my innodb buffer set above 2G on a 32bit system. still can’t find that pesky duplicate entry. any help is warmly appreciated

1 Like

To resolve this problem, modify the desktop heap size by following these steps:

Click Start, type regedit in the Start Search box, and then select regedit.exe in the Programs list.

If you are prompted for an administrator password or for confirmation, type your password, or click Continue.

Locate and then select the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\SubSystems registry subkey.

Right-click the Windows entry, and then select Modify.

In the Value data section of the Edit String dialog box, locate the SharedSection entry, and then increase the second value and the third value for this entry.

The second value of the SharedSection registry entry is the size of the desktop heap for each desktop that is associated with an interactive window station. The heap is required for each desktop that is created in the interactive window station (WinSta0). The value is in kilobytes (KB).
The third SharedSection value is the size of the desktop heap for each desktop that is associated with a non-interactive window station. The value is in kilobytes (KB).
We don’t recommend that you set a value that is over 20480 KB for the second SharedSection value.
By default, the Windows registry entry contains the following data in an x86-based version of Windows 7 Service Pack 1.

%SystemRoot%\system32\csrss.exe
ObjectDirectory=\Windows
SharedSection=1024, 12288,512
Windows=On
SubSystemType=Windows
ServerDll=basesrv,1
ServerDll=winsrv:UserServerDllInitialization,3
ServerDll=winsrv:ConServerDllInitialization,2
ProfileControl=Off
MaxRequestThreads=16

Windows 7 Service Pack 1 (64 bit) / Windows Server 2008 R2, 2012 R2 (64 bit)

SharedSection=1024, 20480,768

Memory allocations are dynamic in later operating systems. There’s no limitation for memory allocation. However, if you allocate too much memory to the desktop heap, negative performance may occur. It’s why we don’t recommend that you set a value that is over 20480.

Greeting,
Rachel Gomez

1 Like